Speed:
Current subtitle
Play the video to see the active subtitle.
Sentence navigator
Progress
0 / 750:00 - 0:03
What is the best way to improve your listening?
如何更好地提高你的听力?
0:04 - 0:10
In this video, I'm going to share with you the technique I use to improve my listening.
在这个视频中,我将与您分享我使用的技术来改善我的听力。
0:11 - 0:19
This technique works and I wish I had known this technique a lot sooner because it's easy to do and very effective.
这种技术是有效的,我希望我早些时候知道这个技术,因为它很容易做,而且非常有效。
0:20 - 0:21
So let's get started.
所以,让我们开始吧。
0:21 - 0:27
First, let's talk about why most people fail to improve their listening.
首先,让我们来谈谈为什么大多数人无法改善他们的听力。
0:28 - 0:30
Improving your listening skills takes time.
提高你的听力需要时间。
0:31 - 0:32
It's a long -term process.
这是一个长期的过程。
0:33 - 0:36
But most people forget that or they just don't know.
但大多数人忘记了这一点,或者他们只是不知道。
0:37 - 0:44
So when they practice listening, they use methods that are inconvenient, something that is not easy to do.
因此,当他们练习倾听时,他们使用不方便的方法,这是不容易做的事情。
0:45 - 0:51
So it's impossible for them to continue doing it for a long time.
因此,他们不可能继续这样做很长时间。
0:51 - 0:56
As a result, most people quit before they get any results.
因此,大多数人在获得任何结果之前就停止了。
0:56 - 0:58
But how do I know this?
但我怎么知道这一点?
0:58 - 1:03
Well, I know this because I have made the same mistake.
我知道,因为我犯了同样的错误。
1:03 - 1:13
I have tried several methods that were inconvenient, like watching the same movie twice, with subtitles first and then without subtitles.
我尝试了几种不方便的方法,比如看同一部电影两次,先用字幕,然后没有字幕。
1:14 - 1:18
That was so boring, so I quit after the fourth movie.
这太无聊了,所以我放弃了第四部电影。
1:18 - 1:22
I also tried listening and then writing down what I heard.
我也试着听,然后写下我听到的东西。
1:22 - 1:25
But that was too much work and I was too busy.
但这太忙了,我太忙了。
1:26 - 1:28
So let's take this back to you.
所以,让我们把这件事情带回给你。
1:29 - 1:32
How do you make sure that you don't fail?
如何确保你不会失败?
1:32 - 1:33
like I did?
像我一样?
1:34 - 1:39
Well, if you want to succeed, the method you use must be convenient.
好吧,如果你想成功,你使用的方法必须是方便的。
1:39 - 1:41
It must be easy to do.
它必须容易做。
1:41 - 1:46
If it's not, you will probably quit before you see an improvement.
如果不是,你可能会在看到改善之前停止。
1:47 - 1:51
So let me share with you the most convenient way to improve your listening.
所以讓我和你分享最方便的方式來改善你的聽力。
1:52 - 1:53
It's very simple.
这是很简单的。
1:53 - 1:56
There are only two steps that you need to take.
你只需要采取两个步骤。
1:56 - 1:58
Here's the first step.
这里是第一步。
1:58 - 2:04
Download a lot of listening materials through your phone or mp3 player.
通过手机或MP3播放器下载大量听力材料。
2:05 - 2:11
Now, the best listening materials are the ones where people are just talking naturally.
现在,最好的听力材料是那些人们只是自然地说话的材料。
2:12 - 2:14
They're just having real conversations.
他们只是在进行真正的对话。
2:14 - 2:23
When you use this kind of materials, you are listening to a lot of common everyday words that people use in real life.
当你使用这种类型的材料时,你正在倾听许多人们在现实生活中使用的日常单词。
2:24 - 2:26
So that's the first step.
所以这就是第一步。
2:26 - 2:29
The next step is very important.
下一步是非常重要的。
2:29 - 2:32
Do not miss this step.
不要错过这个步骤。
2:32 - 2:35
The next step is to listen to the materials.
下一步是聆听材料。
2:35 - 2:36
But here's the key.
但这里是钥匙。
2:37 - 2:40
Do not do it in your free time.
不要在空闲时间这样做。
2:40 - 2:44
Instead, do it when you are already doing something else.
相反,当你已经在做其他事情时,做它。
2:45 - 2:48
Something that doesn't require much of your attention.
有些东西不需要你的注意力。
2:48 - 2:55
Listen to the materials while commuting, while waiting in line, while exercising, and so on.
在出行时,在排队等待时,在锻炼时等待材料等等。
2:55 - 3:01
Use those terms to practice listening, so that you don't have to spend extra time.
使用这些术语练习倾听,这样你就不用花更多的时间。
3:02 - 3:04
Now, why do we have to do this?
现在,我们为什么要这样做?
3:04 - 3:08
Well, the reason is that we want to make it convenient.
原因在于我们想让它更方便。
3:09 - 3:14
When it's easy to do, you are likely to do it for a long time.
当它很容易做时,你很可能会做很长一段时间。
3:14 - 3:19
And if you do it long enough, your listening skills will definitely improve.
如果你这样做足够长时间,你的倾听技巧肯定会得到改善。
3:20 - 3:22
Now let me show you something that might shock you.
现在让我告诉你一些可能会让你震惊的东西。
3:23 - 3:29
Let's compare this technique with watching movies, which is how many people improve their listening.
让我们将这种技术与观看电影进行比较,这就是有多少人改善了他们的听力。
3:29 - 3:44
If you start using this technique today, and if you do it for 30 minutes per day, one year from now, you will have listened to 10 ,950 minutes of real English conversations.
如果你今天开始使用这种技术,如果你每天做30分钟,一年后,你将听到10950分钟的真正的英语对话。
3:45 - 3:46
That's a lot of listening.
这是很多听力。
3:47 - 3:54
And because you're not doing it in your free time, the amount of extra time spent is zero.
而且,由于你在空闲时间没有这样做,花费额外的时间是零。
3:54 - 3:55
That's awesome.
这是惊人的。
3:55 - 3:58
Now, what about watching movies?
那么,现在看电影呢?
3:58 - 4:06
Well, first of all, in a movie, there isn't a conversation or a dialogue in every part, right?
好吧,首先,在电影中,每个部分都没有对话或对话,不是吗?
4:06 - 4:14
If you watch an action movie, for example, you might see a fight scene, an explosion, a car chase scene, and so on.
例如,如果你看动作片,你可能会看到一场战斗场景、一场爆炸、一场汽车追逐场景等等。
4:14 - 4:19
So let's say that on average, the length of a movie is 100 minutes.
因此,让我们说,平均而言,一个电影的长度是100分钟。
4:19 - 4:22
50 % of those are conversations.
其中50%是对话。
4:23 - 4:25
The rest is something else.
其余的就是别的东西。
4:25 - 4:36
If you watch 4 movies a week, or 208 movies a year, in one year, you will have listened to 10 ,400 minutes to 10 ,400 minutes.
如果你每周看4部电影,或者一年看208部电影,在一年内,你会听到10400分钟到10400分钟。
4:36 - 4:38
of fake English conversations.
虚假的英语对话
4:39 - 4:40
Now, here's the worst part.
现在,这里是最糟糕的部分。
4:41 - 4:53
Because each movie is a hundred minutes long, this method requires you to spend as much as 20 ,800 minutes of your free time.
由于每部电影长达一百分钟,所以这种方法需要你花费20800分钟的空闲时间。
4:53 - 4:55
That is really, really sad.
这是真的,真的很伤心。
4:55 - 4:58
Now, let's compare the two methods side by side.
现在,让我们将这两种方法对比一下。
5:00 - 5:01
Now I have a question for you.
现在我有一个问题给你。
5:02 - 5:12
If you use this technique instead of watching movies, and you save over 20 ,000 minutes per year, how would you spend these 20 ,000 minutes?
如果你使用这种技术而不是看电影,并且每年节省超过2000分钟,那么你将如何花费这2000分钟?
5:12 - 5:18
Reading English books to increase your vocabulary, practicing speaking, or something else?
阅读英语书籍以增加你的词汇,练习说话或其他东西?
5:19 - 5:20
Leave a comment and let me know.
留一个评论,让我知道。
5:21 - 5:26
So now you know the power of this technique, let me repeat something important.
所以现在你知道这项技术的力量,让我重复一些重要的事情。
5:26 - 5:29
This is a long -term process.
这是一个长期的过程。
5:29 - 5:32
It takes time, so please be patient.
需要时间,所以请耐心。
5:32 - 5:37
Fortunately, now you know this technique, so I know that you will succeed.
幸运的是,现在你知道这个技术,所以我知道你会成功的。
5:37 - 5:37
Let's do it.
让我们做吧。
5:37 - 5:37
.
是的
5:37 - 5:37
.
是的
5:38 - 5:38
.
是的