Learn English through Stories Level 3 ⭐ He Came Back - Improve your English | English Audio Podcast

English Storyland

Speed:
Current subtitle

Sentence navigator

Progress

1 / 167
0:00 - 0:02
My name is Rose.
我的名字是玫瑰。
0:02 - 0:04
I am 27 years old.
我27岁了。
0:05 - 0:07
I work in an office every day.
我每天都在办公室工作。
0:08 - 0:12
Six months ago, I broke up with my boyfriend, Chris.
六个月前,我和我的男朋友克里斯分手了。
0:13 - 0:15
Chris was a wonderful person.
克里斯是一个很棒的人。
0:15 - 0:17
He made me feel happy.
他让我感到幸福。
0:18 - 0:21
But Chris had no plans for his future.
但是,克里斯对他的未来没有任何计划。
0:22 - 0:24
He liked to live in the moment.
他喜欢活在当下。
0:24 - 0:29
Chris did not think about tomorrow or saving money.
克里斯没有考虑明天或节省钱。
0:29 - 0:31
I needed a stable life.
我需要一个稳定的生活。
0:31 - 0:34
I was very sad when I left Chris.
当我离开克里斯时,我非常伤心。
0:35 - 0:37
I cried many nights.
我哭了很多晚上。
0:37 - 0:40
Now I am dating a new man.
我现在正在约会一个新男人。
0:40 - 0:41
His name is Miller.
他的名字叫米勒。
0:42 - 0:44
Miller is a good man.
米勒是个好人。
0:44 - 0:46
He has a stable job.
他有一个稳定的工作。
0:46 - 0:48
He is nice and safe.
他很漂亮和安全。
0:48 - 0:53
But when I am with him, my heart does not beat fast.
但是当我和他在一起时,我的心脏不会跳得快。
0:53 - 0:57
I do not feel strong love for Miller.
我对米勒没有强烈的爱。
0:57 - 1:00
Today, Chris is coming to my apartment.
今天,克里斯来到我的公寓。
1:01 - 1:05
He needs to take his last box of things.
他需要拿出最后一盒东西。
1:06 - 1:08
We agreed this visit would be quick.
我们同意这次访问会很快。
1:09 - 1:10
Five minutes only.
只有五分钟。
1:10 - 1:13
We would not talk about the past.
我们不会谈论过去。
1:13 - 1:16
It was six o 'clock in the evening.
那是晚上六点钟。
1:16 - 1:17
The doorbell rang.
门铃响了。
1:19 - 1:20
I opened the door.
我打开了门。
1:24 - 1:25
It was Chris.
这是克里斯。
1:26 - 1:28
He stood there with a serious face.
他站在那里,有一张严肃的脸。
1:29 - 1:31
We both tried to look normal.
我们俩都想看起来很正常。
1:32 - 1:33
but it was difficult.
但这是困难的。
1:34 - 1:36
Chris walked to the living room.
克里斯走进客厅。
1:36 - 1:38
He picked up his box.
他拿起他的盒子。
1:38 - 1:41
Chris turned and walked toward the door.
克里斯转过身来,走向门口。
1:41 - 1:45
Suddenly, heavy rain began to fall.
突然,大雨开始下跌。
1:45 - 1:47
Chris looked out of the window.
克里斯看着窗外。
1:48 - 1:50
The streets were filled with water.
街道充满了水。
1:51 - 1:53
He put the box on the table.
他把盒子放在桌子上。
1:53 - 1:57
Chris turned toward me. I looked at him.
克里斯转过身来,我看着他。
1:57 - 2:01
We realized the truth at the same time.
我们同时认识到真相。
2:02 - 2:05
Chris could not leave my apartment tonight.
克里斯今天晚上不能离开我的公寓。
2:05 - 2:13
He was stuck here with me. We stood there for a long time without moving or speaking.
他被困在我身边,我们站在那里很长一段时间,没有移动或说话。
2:13 - 2:18
I looked at the floor, thinking about what I should say.
我看着地板,想着该说些什么。
2:19 - 2:21
Suddenly, the power went out.
突然,电力消失了。
2:22 - 2:24
Everything became dark.
一切都变黑了。
2:24 - 2:26
I could not see Chris.
我看不见克里斯。
2:26 - 2:28
I could not see my hands.
我看不见我的手。
2:29 - 2:31
I knew where the supplies were.
我知道供应在哪里。
2:32 - 2:35
I walked carefully to the kitchen cabinet.
我小心翼翼地走到厨房里。
2:35 - 2:38
I took out the emergency box.
我把紧急箱子拿出来。
2:38 - 2:41
I turned the flashlight on.
我打开了闪光灯。
2:41 - 2:44
Then, I lit candles on the shelves.
然后,我把蜡烛点在货架上。
2:45 - 2:48
Chris did not look worried about the situation.
克里斯看起来并不担心这种情况。
2:49 - 2:50
He looked calm.
他看起来很平静。
2:51 - 2:54
Chris moved the pillows from the sofa.
克里斯从沙发上移动枕头。
2:54 - 2:57
He took blankets from the closet.
他从衣柜里拿起毛毯。
2:57 - 3:00
He put them in the living room.
他把它们放在客厅里。
3:00 - 3:04
Chris said it was for warmth during the cold storm.
克里斯说这是为了冷风雨期间的温暖。
3:04 - 3:04
...
...
3:04 - 3:04
...
...
3:04 - 3:07
We sat far away from each other.
我们彼此坐得很远。
3:07 - 3:11
We did not want to talk about old memories.
我们不想谈论古老的记忆。
3:12 - 3:13
I looked at Chris.
我看着克里斯。
3:14 - 3:18
Six months had passed since I saw him the last time.
六个月过去了,自从我最后一次见到他。
3:18 - 3:19
He looked older.
他看起来老了。
3:20 - 3:22
I wanted the night to end quickly.
我希望夜晚很快结束。
3:23 - 3:24
Hours passed.
几个小时过去了。
3:25 - 3:28
Chris and I were tired of sitting in silence.
克里斯和我厌倦了沉默。
3:28 - 3:30
We were also hungry.
我们也饿了。
3:30 - 3:31
I thought about the kitchen.
我想到了厨房。
3:32 - 3:35
The electricity was out for a long time.
电力已经停了很久了。
3:36 - 3:38
This meant the fridge was getting warm.
这意味着冰箱正在变暖。
3:39 - 3:42
We needed to cook the food before it spoiled.
我们需要在它腐烂之前煮熟食物。
3:43 - 3:45
I told Chris this.
我告诉克里斯这件事。
3:45 - 3:46
He agreed.
他同意了。
3:46 - 3:48
We went into the kitchen.
我们走进厨房。
3:48 - 3:50
We made dinner together.
我们一起做晚餐。
3:50 - 3:53
Chris found a bottle of wine.
克里斯找到了一瓶酒。
3:53 - 3:56
We poured the wine into two glasses.
我们将葡萄酒注入两个杯子。
3:56 - 3:59
We sat at the kitchen table.
我们坐在厨房的桌子上。
3:59 - 4:02
We began to talk about small things.
我们开始谈论小事。
4:02 - 4:03
I looked at Chris.
我看着克里斯。
4:04 - 4:05
He was smiling.
他微笑着。
4:06 - 4:09
For a moment, it felt like we were still together.
过了一会儿,我觉得我们仍然在一起。
4:09 - 4:12
I forgot why I had broken up with him.
我忘了为什么我和他分手了。
4:13 - 4:16
I forgot about wanting a stable life.
我忘了想要一个稳定的生活。
4:16 - 4:18
I only saw Chris.
我只看到克里斯。
4:19 - 4:21
Then, my phone buzzed.
然后,我的电话吹响了。
4:21 - 4:22
It was a message.
这是一个信息。
4:23 - 4:24
It was from Miller.
这是米勒的。
4:25 - 4:27
Miller was my current boyfriend.
米勒是我的现在的男朋友。
4:27 - 4:30
Chris saw the name on the screen.
克里斯在屏幕上看到他的名字。
4:30 - 4:32
His face changed.
他的脸变了。
4:32 - 4:34
He looked hurt and angry.
他看起来受伤和愤怒。
4:35 - 4:36
Chris pushed.
克里斯推了起来。
4:36 - 4:38
his wine glass on the table.
他的酒杯在桌上。
4:38 - 4:42
He said, you moved on fast, Rose.
他说,你走得很快,玫瑰。
4:42 - 4:44
My heart began to beat fast.
我的心脏开始跳得很快。
4:45 - 4:48
I said, that is not fair, Chris.
我说,这不公平,克里斯。
4:49 - 4:52
You do not know anything about my life now.
你现在对我的生活一无所知。
4:53 - 4:57
I told him that Miller was nice, but I was lonely.
我告诉他米勒很好,但我很孤独。
4:58 - 5:01
He was safe, but he was boring.
他很安全,但他很无聊。
5:01 - 5:06
I told Chris that breaking up with him had destroyed me too.
我告诉克里斯,与他分手也毁了我。
5:06 - 5:11
I did not stop loving him just because I walked away.
我没有停止爱他,只是因为我走了。
5:11 - 5:16
I told him I was scared because he had no future.
我告诉他我害怕,因为他没有未来。
5:17 - 5:20
Chris listened to every word I said.
克里斯听了我说的每一个字。
5:20 - 5:23
He looked into my eyes.
他看着我的眼睛。
5:23 - 5:25
He said, I understand, Rose.
他说,我明白了,玫瑰。
5:26 - 5:28
I got a new job last month.
上个月我找到了新工作。
5:28 - 5:32
It is a stable job with a good salary.
这是一个稳定的工作,有很好的工资。
5:32 - 5:35
I took it because I wanted to show you.
我拿了它,因为我想向你展示。
5:35 - 5:39
I wanted to prove that I could be responsible.
我想证明我可以负责。
5:39 - 5:41
I did it for us, Rose.
“我为你做了,玫瑰。
5:42 - 5:43
I froze.
和冰。
5:43 - 5:47
I could not believe what I just heard.
我不敢相信我刚刚听到的。
5:47 - 5:52
I looked at Chris and my heart felt so happy.
我看着克里斯,我的心很高兴。
5:52 - 5:53
We moved closer.
我们走得更近。
5:54 - 5:55
We did not kiss.
我们没有接吻。
5:56 - 5:58
We only held each other.
我们只是互相拥抱。
5:58 - 6:01
We stayed like that for a long time.
我们这样呆了很长时间。
6:01 - 6:04
Then we moved to the living room.
然后我们搬到了客厅。
6:04 - 6:06
We sat together on the sofa.
我们一起坐在沙发上。
6:06 - 6:08
We shared one blanket.
我们分享了一张毯子。
6:08 - 6:08
it.
它。
6:09 - 6:11
Slowly, we fell asleep.
慢慢地,我们睡着了。
6:11 - 6:14
The next morning, I woke up in Chris' arms.
第二天早上,我在克里斯的怀里醒来。
6:15 - 6:16
I felt safe.
我感到安全。
6:17 - 6:21
Then I remembered Miller, the man I was dating.
然后我记得米勒,我约会的那个人。
6:21 - 6:22
I went into the kitchen.
我走进厨房。
6:23 - 6:26
Chris followed me. We did not speak many words.
克里斯跟着我,我们没有说太多话。
6:27 - 6:28
Chris looked happy.
克里斯看起来很开心。
6:29 - 6:31
I felt tired and confused.
我感到疲倦和困惑。
6:31 - 6:35
Chris looked at me. He said, Rose, are we back together?
克里斯看着我,他说:“罗斯,我们还在一起吗?”
6:36 - 6:37
Are we a couple again?
我们又是夫妻了吗?
6:37 - 6:38
I froze.
和冰。
6:39 - 6:40
I knew the answer.
我知道答案。
6:40 - 6:41
I loved Chris.
我爱克里斯。
6:42 - 6:46
I had always loved him, but love was not always enough.
我一直爱他,但爱并不总是足够的。
6:47 - 6:51
I needed more time to think about everything that had happened.
我需要更多的时间来思考所发生的一切。
6:52 - 6:53
I touched his hand.
我摸了他的手。
6:53 - 6:56
I said, Chris, I love you.
我说,克里斯,我爱你。
6:56 - 7:01
I truly do, but I cannot say yes right now.
我确实是,但我现在不能说是。
7:01 - 7:03
I need more time to be ready.
我需要更多的时间来准备。
7:03 - 7:05
Chris pulled his hand back.
克里斯把手拉回去。
7:06 - 7:07
He understood my words.
他理解我的话。
7:08 - 7:10
I saw a lot of pain in his eyes.
我在他的眼睛里看到了很多疼痛。
7:10 - 7:12
He accepted my decision.
他接受了我的决定。
7:13 - 7:14
The storm was gone.
风暴已经走了。
7:15 - 7:17
Chris looked at the box on the floor.
克里斯看着地板上的盒子。
7:18 - 7:19
He picked it up.
他拿起它。
7:19 - 7:21
He walked to the main door.
他走到主门。
7:21 - 7:22
I followed him.
我跟着他。
7:23 - 7:24
We stood in the doorway.
我们站在门口。
7:25 - 7:28
Chris looked at me with sad eyes.
克里斯用悲伤的眼睛看着我。
7:28 - 7:30
He said, goodbye, Rose.
他说,再见,玫瑰。
7:31 - 7:34
I wanted to tell him to stay here.
我想告诉他留在这里。
7:34 - 7:38
I wanted to say, wait for me, but I said nothing.
我想说,等我,但我什么也没说。
7:38 - 7:40
Chris opened the door and stepped out.
克里斯打开了门,走出去了。
7:41 - 7:44
I watched him leave the building.
我看着他离开大楼。
7:44 - 7:47
He did not look back at my apartment.
他没有回头看我的公寓。
7:47 - 7:49
I closed the door.
我关上了门。
7:49 - 7:51
Chris was gone now.
克里斯现在已经走了。
7:52 - 7:59
We did not get back together this time, but something important happened between us.
这一次我们没有再在一起,但我们之间发生了重要的事情。
7:59 - 8:03
I knew that love changes things.
我知道爱情会改变事物。
8:04 - 8:11
Love does not stay with you forever, but love changes who you are inside.
爱情不会永远留在你身边,但爱情会改变你内在的人。
8:11 - 8:17
I am stronger and ready for the next part of my life.
我变得更强大,准备好度过下一生。
8:17 - 8:23
If you liked this story, please like, comment, share, and subscribe.
如果你喜欢这个故事,请喜欢,评论,分享和订阅。