Learn English Through Story | My Secret to Simple Happiness

Learn English Daily Stories

Speed:
Current subtitle

Sentence navigator

Progress

1 / 123
0:00 - 0:02
I am 24 years old.
我24岁了。
0:03 - 0:05
It feels like an awkward age.
感觉像个不舒服的年纪。
0:06 - 0:09
People say, the economy is bad.
有人说,经济不好。
0:09 - 0:12
We need to save money this year.
今年我们需要节省钱。
0:12 - 0:17
When I read this news, I saw photos on social media.
当我读到这篇新闻时,我看到了社交媒体上的照片。
0:17 - 0:21
Someone was at the front row of a concert.
有人站在一场音乐会的前排。
0:21 - 0:25
I could see the idol's sweat clearly.
我可以清楚地看到偶像的汗水。
0:25 - 0:28
I searched for a ticket on the app.
我在app上找了一张票。
0:28 - 0:37
The original price was 1580 yuan, but scalpers sold it for 3800 yuan.
原来的价格是1580元,但马戏家却以3800元出售。
0:38 - 0:41
I closed the app quietly.
我悄悄地关上应用程序。
0:41 - 0:46
It felt like closing a bright world that I did not belong to.
感觉就像关闭一个我不属于的光明世界。
0:48 - 0:54
One foot is in the river of society, but I do not understand it well yet.
一个脚在社会的河流里,但我还不清楚。
0:55 - 0:59
The other foot still stays in the warm school days.
另一只脚仍然留在温暖的学校日子里。
1:00 - 1:03
I still dream about a good world.
我仍然梦想着一个美好的世界。
1:03 - 1:07
Our generation lives in great conflict.
我们的世代生活在大冲突中。
1:07 - 1:12
We hear, economic winter, and spend wisely.
我们听说,经济的冬天,和明智的花费。
1:13 - 1:16
But friends show their rich life in photos.
但是朋友们在照片中展示了他们丰富的生活。
1:17 - 1:21
Shaoli went to the snowy Alps and smiled happily.
沙奥利去雪地的阿尔卑斯山,欢快地微笑着。
1:21 - 1:29
Mr. Zhang shared pictures of the Northern Lights in Antarctica, saying, everyone should live wildly once.
张先生分享了南极北极光的照片,他说,每个人都应该过着野生生活。
1:30 - 1:31
Even my colleague is fine.
我的同事也没事。
1:32 - 1:32
Who is living with one in Americanình
谁住在一个在美国
1:32 - 1:38
mentioned a new French restaurant, but the price there is 500 yuan per person.
提到了一家新的法国餐厅,但价格是每人500元。
1:39 - 1:44
The bakery downstairs looks simple and rough, but is very popular online.
下楼的面包店看起来很简单和粗糙,但在网上非常受欢迎。
1:45 - 1:50
A small piece of green tea cake costs 28 yuan.
一块小小的绿茶蛋糕花费28元。
1:50 - 2:05
I stood there and counted in my mind, 28 yuan is five cups of bubble tea, or two lunches with meat and vegetables at work, or ten subway rides.
我站在那里,在脑海里数着,28元就是五杯泡茶,或者在工作中吃两顿肉和蔬菜的午餐,或者十趟地铁。
2:06 - 2:07
What about me?
关于我呢?
2:07 - 2:09
I have a new job.
我有新工作。
2:09 - 2:13
After paying rent and bills, little money is left.
付房租和账单后,剩下很少的钱。
2:14 - 2:17
I have not eaten in expensive Michelin restaurants.
我从来没有在米其林高价的餐厅吃过饭。
2:18 - 2:21
I don't know how foie gras or caviar tastes.
我不知道 foie gras 或草的味道。
2:22 - 2:24
I have never flown business class.
我从来没有飞过商务舱。
2:24 - 2:29
I cannot imagine lying flat while flying high in the sky.
我无法想象躺在空中飞翔时。
2:30 - 2:32
My passport has few stamps.
我的护照有很少的印记。
2:33 - 2:37
The highest mountain I climbed is a small hill near my home.
我爬过的最高的山是我家附近的一座小山。
2:38 - 2:48
At that moment, I felt like a big silent wave covered me. It was anxiety, sadness, and doubt.
那一刻,我感觉像是一个大沉默的浪潮覆盖了我,那是焦虑,悲伤和怀疑。
2:48 - 2:51
Did the world leave me behind?
世界是否留下了我?
2:51 - 2:55
The world seems split into two groups.
世界似乎分为两个群体。
2:55 - 2:59
One lives in the clouds with money and luxury.
人们生活在云中,有钱和奢侈。
2:59 - 3:03
The other stays on the ground, counting every penny.
其他人躺在地上,数着每一分钱。
3:04 - 3:07
This feeling became strongest one night after work.
这种感觉在工作后的一个晚上变得更强烈。
3:08 - 3:11
I was tired, cold, and hungry.
我累了,冷了,饿了。
3:11 - 3:16
At home, the fridge had only two eggs and some green onions.
在家里,冰箱里只有两个鸡蛋和一些绿叶。
3:17 - 3:20
I made a bowl of simple noodle soup.
我做了一碗简单的牛排汤。
3:20 - 3:24
I put an egg on top and added the onions.
我把一个鸡蛋放在上面,并添加了洋葱。
3:25 - 3:39
When the steam touched my face and I drank the hot soup, warmth spread inside me. I felt a solid happiness that filled me. I stopped and thought.
当蒸汽触摸我的脸,我喝了热汤,温暖蔓延在我里面,我感觉到一个坚实的快乐,充满了我。
3:39 - 3:47
This cheap noodle, costing less than three yuan, gave me so much comfort and joy.
这个便宜的面包,花费不到三元,给了我很多的安慰和快乐。
3:47 - 3:52
It was more fulfilling than looking at photos of fancy food online.
它比在网上观看美食的照片更令人满意。
3:53 - 3:57
At that instant, like lightning, I understood.
那一刻,像闪电一样,我明白了。
3:58 - 4:00
We have been lied to.
我们被骗了。
4:00 - 4:05
The lie says, expensive means better.
谎言说,昂贵意味着更好。
4:05 - 4:07
Rare means happier.
稀有意味着更快乐。
4:08 - 4:15
Social media and consumerism work together to trap us with desires.
社交媒体和消费主义共同努力,使我们陷入欲望之中。
4:16 - 4:19
They say, you lack this.
他们说,你缺少这一点。
4:19 - 4:22
You have not tried that.
你没有尝试过。
4:22 - 4:24
Your life is incomplete.
你的生活不完整。
4:25 - 4:28
Your happiness is not enough.
你的幸福是不够的。
4:28 - 4:32
They put price tags on happiness.
他们把价格标签放在幸福上。
4:33 - 4:34
But is that true?
但这是真的吗?
4:35 - 4:36
That $2 ,000...
那两千元......
4:36 - 4:46
more ticket to the front row, does it make you 2 ,000 times happier than listening to a song that saved you from sadness for the first time?
比起听一首第一次拯救你免于悲伤的歌,这会让你比听一首第一次拯救你免于悲伤的歌快乐两千倍吗?
4:47 - 4:57
That 10 ,000 yuan trip to Antarctica, does it make you 10 ,000 times more amazed than watching a colorful sunset one summer evening?
那一趟到南极的10万人民币之旅,比在一个夏日晚上看到彩色日落更令人惊讶10万倍吗?
4:57 - 5:02
No, happiness is not a math problem.
幸福不是一个数学问题。
5:02 - 5:04
It is a feeling inside.
这是内在的感觉。
5:05 - 5:08
It belongs to anyone who feels it.
它属于任何感受到它的人。
5:10 - 5:13
Happiness does not care about price tags.
幸福不关心价格标签。
5:13 - 5:15
It cares about the heart.
它关心心脏。
5:15 - 5:20
After I understood this, I felt like I dropped a heavy weight.
当我意识到这一点时,我觉得自己失去了重量。
5:20 - 5:25
I was not just someone looking sadly at others' lives.
我不只是一个悲伤地看着别人的生活的人。
5:26 - 5:30
I turned around and began to take good care of my small world.
我转过身来,开始好好照顾我的小世界。
5:31 - 5:33
I found treasures everywhere.
我到处找到了宝藏。
5:34 - 5:39
These cheap happiness moments shine brightly.
这些便宜的快乐时刻闪耀着光明。
5:39 - 5:45
I do not wait for others to celebrate my birthday or give me gifts.
我不等别人来庆祝我的生日或给我礼物。
5:45 - 5:56
On special days, finish a big project, get a raise, or even just survive Monday, I give myself a small present.
在特殊的日子里,完成一项大项目,获得一笔涨价,甚至只是在周一生存下来,我给自己一份小礼物。
5:57 - 6:06
It could be a book I wanted for a long time, a hand cream with a soft smell, or a quiet morning movie alone.
它可以是一本我很久以前想要的书,一个有柔软的气味的手霜,或者一个安静的早晨电影。
6:06 - 6:06
The kids also create their own soul in land environment.
孩子们也在陆地环境中创造自己的灵魂。
6:06 - 6:06
groups of doctors, when children rest, provide their own alimentos.
医生的团体,当孩子们休息时,提供自己的食物。
6:08 - 6:08
The kids have become the problem.
孩子已经成为了问题。
6:08 - 6:13
Gift value is not in money, but in the words behind it.
礼物的价值不在于金钱,而在于它背后的单词。
6:13 - 6:15
Hey, you worked hard.
嘿,你努力工作了。
6:16 - 6:17
You deserve this.
你值得这个。
6:18 - 6:23
This self -made ritual feels warmer than any expensive gift.
这种自制的仪式感觉比任何昂贵的礼物更温暖。
6:24 - 6:29
Weekend sunshine is no longer my enemy for sleeping late.
周末的阳光不再是晚睡的敌人。
6:29 - 6:31
It is the guest I wait for.
这是我等待的客人。
6:32 - 6:36
I put my quilts on the balcony to make it soft and warm.
我把我的子放在阳台上,使它柔软和温暖。
6:37 - 6:42
At night, I sleep with the sun's scent, like sleeping on clouds.
晚上,我睡着了阳光的味道,就像睡在云端一样。
6:43 - 6:45
I do not hate rainy bays anymore.
我不再讨厌雨水。
6:46 - 6:53
I make a hot tea, sit by the window, listen to rain sounds, and read a light book.
我煮一杯热茶,坐在窗前,听雨的声音,读一本光明的书。
6:53 - 6:58
The quiet and joy from nature cannot be bought with money.
自然的安宁和快乐是金钱买不到的。
6:58 - 7:05
Good food's joy does not depend on fancy restaurants, but on the right taste.
美食的喜悦并不取决于豪华的餐厅,而是取决于正确的口味。
7:05 - 7:11
It's that late -night instant noodle with sausage and egg after working late.
那是晚晚的夜间即时食用牛排和鸡蛋工作后晚。
7:11 - 7:17
It is a hot, roasted, sweet potato shared with a friend in winter streets.
这是一个热、烤、甜的土豆,和一个朋友在冬天的街道上分享。
7:18 - 7:30
It is a breakfast lady at work who remembers soy milk without sugar and a meat bun for me. These tastes connect us to real life and feelings.
这是一个在工作中的早餐女士,她记得没有糖的大豆牛奶和一顿肉碗对我来说,这些口味将我们连接到现实生活中和感受。
7:30 - 7:37
They comfort us more than fancy food that takes half an hour to photograph before eating.
他们安慰我们比吃饭前需要半个小时拍照的精品食物还要多。
7:37 - 7:40
I value meeting my good friends.
我欣赏见到我的好朋友。
7:40 - 7:42
more and more.
越来越多。
7:42 - 7:44
We don't need fancy places.
我们不需要幻想的地方。
7:45 - 7:51
Sometimes we just meet at home, order takeout, play switch together, and laugh hard.
有时我们只是在家里见面,订购取出,一起玩交换,大笑。
7:51 - 7:57
Or we walk and talk nonsense, sharing our secrets, worries, and joys.
或者我们走路和谈论荒谬,分享我们的秘密,忧虑和快乐。
7:58 - 8:05
These honest talks and moments of support are the best emotional gift the world gives us.
这些诚实的对话和支持的时刻是世界上最好的情感礼物。
8:05 - 8:07
They are free, but priceless.
他们是免费的,但无价的。
8:08 - 8:14
Now when I see pictures of big trips and fine dining online, I feel different.
现在,当我看到大型旅行和在线美食的照片时,我感觉不同。
8:15 - 8:17
I am not worried or jealous.
我不担心,也不嫉妒。
8:17 - 8:20
I even honestly give a thumbs up inside.
老实说,我甚至在里面举个拇指。
8:20 - 8:23
It is their story, their happiness.
这是他们的故事,他们的幸福。
8:24 - 8:28
My happiness is in my hands, in my life.
我的幸福在我的手中,在我的生命中。
8:28 - 8:32
My life feels like a story where I do the opposite.
我的生活就像一个故事,我做相反的事情。
8:32 - 8:41
When others show off first -class champagne, I chat happily with an old man on the slow train, hearing stories of the past.
当其他人出示一流的香槟时,我高兴地和一个慢列车上的老人聊天,听到过去的故事。
8:41 - 8:50
When others take photos in Michelin restaurants, I find the best roasted chestnuts in the market and feel full of happiness.
当别人在米其林餐厅拍照时,我发现市场上最好的烤,感觉充满了快乐。
8:50 - 9:02
When others fight to get limited edition shoes, I wear my most comfortable old canvas shoes and finish my first 5k run in the park feeling proud.
当其他人为获得有限版鞋子而挣扎时,我穿着最舒适的旧面纱鞋子,并在公园里完成我的第一个5K跑步,感到自豪。
9:02 - 9:08
This happiness is not about conquering the world, but conquering my own desires.
幸福不是征服世界,而是征服自己的欲望。
9:09 - 9:12
Not about having things that others envy, but being
不是要拥有别人羡慕的东西,而是要
9:12 - 9:15
truly satisfied with what I have.
我真的很满意我所拥有的。
9:15 - 9:18
I choose a way of simple life.
我选择了简单的生活方式。
9:19 - 9:22
This is not giving up or sleeping on life.
这不是放弃或睡在生活中。
9:22 - 9:25
It is being awake and choosing actively.
它正在觉醒并积极选择。
9:26 - 9:32
It means spending my energy, not chasing what others have, but loving what I have.
它意味着花费我的精力,不是追求别人拥有的,而是爱我拥有的。
9:32 - 9:42
At 24, I may not have much money or big experiences of the world's top, but inside, I am full and rich like never before.
24歲時,我可能沒有很多錢或世界頂尖的經驗,但內在,我充滿了和富有,從未有過。
9:43 - 9:58
My wealth is the books I read carefully, the photos of sunrises and sunsets, the trust of friends who call me first when they need help, and the many ordinary but shining moments I treat with heart.
我的财富是我仔细阅读的书籍,日出和日落的照片,在需要帮助时首先打电话给我的朋友的信任,以及我用心处理的许多平凡但光明的时刻。
9:58 - 10:02
The world is big and noisy, but it's okay.
世界很大和噪音,但没事。
10:03 - 10:04
My world can be small.
我的世界可以小。
10:05 - 10:10
A good meal, a ray of sunshine, a warm hug can fill it.
一顿好饭,一束阳光,一个温暖的拥抱可以填满它。
10:10 - 10:13
My world is small, but my happiness is full.
我的世界很小,但我的幸福充满了。
10:14 - 10:17
This is my greatest achievement at 24.
这是我24年的最大成就。