聽故事 | 學英語 | 無論生活有多難,都不要失去希望 | 英文故事 | 英語聽力練習 #learnenglishthroughstory #englishspeakingpractice

Learn English Daily Stories

Speed:
Current subtitle

Sentence navigator

Progress

1 / 100
0:00 - 0:08
Sometimes, life will push you to the edge, but as long as you don't give up, hope will always appear.
有时候,生活会把你推到边缘,但只要你不放弃,希望总会出现。
0:08 - 0:10
Hello, everyone.
你好,大家。
0:11 - 0:17
Welcome to today's story, a story about hope, friendship, and freedom.
欢迎来到今天的故事,一个关于希望,友谊和自由的故事。
0:18 - 0:26
It is about a man named Andy Dufresne, who was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit.
故事讲述了一个名叫安迪·杜弗雷斯恩的男人,因为他没有犯过的罪行而被送进监狱。
0:26 - 0:32
Even in the darkest places, he never gave up hope.
即使在最黑暗的地方,他也从不放弃希望。
0:32 - 0:46
Today, we will follow Andy into the world of Shawshank Prison, see how he helps others, and witness how hope survives in the midst of hardship.
今天,我们将跟随安迪进入Shawshank监狱的世界,看看他如何帮助他人,以及希望如何在困难中生存。
0:47 - 0:48
Let's get started.
让我们开始吧。
0:49 - 0:51
My name is Andy Dufresne.
我的名字叫Andy Dufresne。
0:51 - 0:55
Before everything happened, I was a young and successful banker.
在这一切发生之前,我是一个年轻而成功的银行家。
0:56 - 1:00
I lived a quiet, orderly life and always stayed calm.
我过着安静、有序的生活,总是保持冷静。
1:01 - 1:05
But one night changed my entire life.
但是,一个晚上改变了我的整个生活。
1:05 - 1:09
I discovered that my wife was having an affair with another man.
我发现我的妻子和另一个男人有关系。
1:10 - 1:14
I was angry, so I drove to the man's house with a gun.
我很生气,所以我带着一把枪跑到那个男人的房子。
1:14 - 1:17
I drank and waited outside their house.
我喝了酒,在他们家外等待。
1:18 - 1:20
Later, they never appeared.
后来,他们从未出现过。
1:20 - 1:27
I gradually sobered up, drove home to sleep, and on the way, I threw the gun into the river.
我慢慢醒来,开车回家睡觉,在路上,我把枪扔进了河里。
1:27 - 1:32
The next morning, the police told me that my wife...
第二天早上,警察告诉我,我的妻子......
1:32 - 1:34
and her lover had been murdered.
她的情人被杀了。
1:34 - 1:43
Because I had been angry, had gone to the crime scene, and had a connection to the gun, everyone believed I had killed them.
因为我生气了,去了犯罪现场,和枪有联系,大家都认为我杀了他们。
1:43 - 1:53
I insisted that I was innocent, but the court did not believe me. So I was sent to Shawshank Prison, sentenced to two life terms.
我坚持认为我是无辜的,但法院不相信我,所以我被送到沙申克监狱,被判处两次终身监禁。
1:54 - 1:59
Shawshank Prison was cold and dark, with high walls everywhere.
沙申克监狱是寒冷的,黑暗的,到处都是高墙。
2:00 - 2:04
The guards were harsh, and most prisoners had lost hope.
警卫很严厉,大多数囚犯都失去了希望。
2:05 - 2:11
On the first night, some new prisoners cried, and one of them was beaten to death by the guards.
第一天晚上,一些新的囚犯哭了,其中一人被卫兵打死了。
2:12 - 2:16
That was my first impression of Shawshank.
这是我对Shawshank的第一印象。
2:17 - 2:22
In the prison, I noticed a calm, thoughtful man named Red.
在监狱里,我注意到一个名叫红的冷静而有思想的人。
2:23 - 2:32
He was known as the man who can get things, like playing cards, cigarettes, or a rock hammer.
他被称为能够得到东西的人,比如玩牌、抽烟或摇滚锤。
2:33 - 2:35
Gradually, Red and I became friends.
渐渐地,红和我成了朋友。
2:36 - 2:41
Over time, he became the most important friend I ever had.
随着时间的推移,他成为我曾经有过的最重要的朋友。
2:42 - 2:45
The first few years were very difficult.
最初的几年非常困难。
2:45 - 2:49
There was a group of violent prisoners called the sisters.
有一群暴力囚犯叫做姐妹。
2:50 - 3:03
They often attacked new inmates, especially me. At first, I was very scared and got hurt every time, but I did not give up.
他们经常攻击新囚犯,尤其是我,一开始我很害怕,每次都受伤,但我没有放弃。
3:03 - 3:04
You You
你你
3:04 - 3:07
Gradually, I learned to protect myself.
渐渐地,我学会了保护自己。
3:07 - 3:18
When I encountered them, I stayed calm, looked for chances to avoid attacks, and learned to fight back, showing them I would not be easily defeated.
当我遇到他们时,我保持冷静,寻找避免攻击的机会,并学会反击,向他们展示我不会轻易被打败。
3:19 - 3:24
Red once said, Andy doesn't get scared easily.
红有一次说,安迪不容易害怕。
3:24 - 3:30
One day, we prisoners were assigned to repair the roof of a factory.
有一天,我们被指派修理一个工厂的屋顶。
3:30 - 3:41
While working, I heard Guard Hadley complaining that a large amount of tax would be taken from his inheritance, and he didn't know what to do.
在工作中,我听到卫兵哈德利抱怨,他的遗产将收取大量税款,他不知道该怎么办。
3:41 - 3:49
I took this chance to suggest a legal way to reduce the taxes and explained how to do it.
我抓住了这个机会,提出了一种降低税收的法律方法,并解释了如何做到这一点。
3:50 - 3:54
After trying it, Hadley really saved a lot of money.
在尝试之后,Hadley真的节省了很多钱。
3:54 - 4:02
From that day, the guards began to trust me, giving me access to more paperwork and responsibilities.
从那天起,守卫开始信任我,让我获得更多的文件和责任。
4:03 - 4:09
Soon, I was asked to help with taxes, banking, and paperwork in the prison.
很快,我被要求在监狱里帮助税收,银行和文件。
4:11 - 4:13
Warden Norton noticed my skills.
沃登·诺顿注意到我的能力。
4:13 - 4:25
He appeared pious and diligent, but in reality, he exploited prisoners for cheap labor, laundered money, and falsified accounts.
他似乎虔诚和勤奋,但实际上,他剥削囚犯以获取廉价劳动力,洗钱和伪造账户。
4:26 - 4:36
I managed part of his illegal funds, which gave me protection and helped me stay focused during the dull and dangerous life in prison.
我管理了一部分他的非法资金,这为我提供了保护,并帮助我在监狱的无聊和危险的生活中保持专注。
4:37 - 4:40
Meanwhile, I had another dream.
与此同时,我又做了一个梦。
4:40 - 4:43
To establish a prison library.
设立监狱图书馆。
4:43 - 4:48
I wrote letters to the government every week asking for funds.
我每周都给政府写信,要求资金。
4:48 - 4:51
For years, no one responded.
多年来,没有人回答。
4:51 - 4:52
But I kept writing.
但我继续写。
4:53 - 4:54
For six years.
六年来。
4:55 - 5:00
One day, they finally sent books, records, and funds.
有一天,他们终于发送了书籍,记录和资金。
5:00 - 5:06
I turned a small, old room into the best prison library in the state.
我把一个小小的旧房间变成了州最好的监狱图书馆。
5:07 - 5:12
I taught prisoners to read and help them earn their high school diplomas.
我教了囚犯读书,帮助他们获得高中文凭。
5:13 - 5:15
Helping others gave me hope again.
帮助别人又给了我希望。
5:16 - 5:21
Years later, a young prisoner named Tommy came to Shawshank.
几年后,一个名叫Tommy的年轻囚犯来到Shawshank。
5:21 - 5:25
He was energetic, impulsive, but kind.
他充满活力,冲动,但善良。
5:25 - 5:30
He joined my class, I taught him to read, and we became friends.
他加入了我的班级,我教他读书,我们成了朋友。
5:31 - 5:34
One night, he told us an amazing story.
有一天晚上,他告诉我们一个惊人的故事。
5:34 - 5:44
He had met a prisoner in another prison who admitted to killing a banker's wife and her lover, while the banker had been imprisoned for it.
他在另一个监狱里遇到了一个犯人,他承认杀死了一个银行家的妻子和她的情人,而这位银行家因而被监禁。
5:45 - 5:50
For the first time in many years, I saw real hope.
多年來,我第一次看到真正的希望。
5:50 - 5:53
Maybe I could prove my innocence.
也许我能证明我的无辜。
5:54 - 5:58
I told Warden Norton about this, but he became furious.
我告诉沃登诺顿这件事,但他很生气。
5:59 - 6:05
He couldn't let me leave because he needed me to continue managing his illegal accounts.
他不能让我离开,因为他需要我继续管理他的非法账户。
6:06 - 6:08
To threaten me, he
为了威胁我,他
6:08 - 6:12
put me in solitary confinement for two months.
我被关在孤独的监狱里两个月。
6:13 - 6:16
Then he did something even crueler.
然后他做了一件更残酷的事情。
6:16 - 6:25
He ordered a guard to shoot Tommy in the yard, making it look like he had been killed during an escape attempt.
他命令一个警卫在院子里射杀汤米,让他看起来像是在逃跑中被杀。
6:25 - 6:28
At that moment, I understood.
那一刻,我明白了。
6:29 - 6:31
The warden would never let me go.
保镖永远不会让我走。
6:32 - 6:37
But the warden didn't know that I had the most important secret.
但是保镖不知道我有最重要的秘密。
6:37 - 6:48
For almost twenty years, I had been using a small rock hammer I got from Red to chip away at the wall a little bit every day.
幾乎二十年來,我一直在使用我從紅色手中得到的一個小石頭锤子,每天在牆上點點點。
6:49 - 6:54
I put the debris in my pockets and secretly dropped it in the yard.
我把碎片放进口袋里,秘密地扔进院子里。
6:54 - 6:57
I covered the hole with posters.
我用海报覆盖了洞。
6:58 - 7:03
After many years, the tunnel was finally long enough.
经过多年,隧道终于足够长了。
7:04 - 7:07
On a stormy night, I felt the time had come.
在一个暴风雨的夜晚,我感觉到时机已经到来。
7:08 - 7:14
I packed my clothes in a plastic bag and crawled into the tunnel behind the wall.
我把衣服包在一个塑料袋里,爬进墙壁后面的隧道里。
7:14 - 7:18
The tunnel was narrow and filthy, but I kept going.
隧道很窄和脏,但我继续前进。
7:18 - 7:27
I broke open a sewage pipe and crawled through the stinking waste, enduring unimaginable pain and disgust.
我打破了一个污水管道,穿过臭臭的垃圾,忍受难以想象的痛苦和厌恶。
7:28 - 7:33
Finally, I emerged from the end of the pipe into the river.
最后,我从管道的尽头出现在河里。
7:33 - 7:38
Cold rain poured down on me. I was finally free.
寒冷的雨降在我身上,我终于自由了。
7:39 - 7:40
Before escaping me, I was finally free.
在我逃脱之前,我终于自由了。
7:40 - 7:40
Before escaping me, I
在逃离我之前,我
7:40 - 7:43
escaping, I had prepared everything.
逃跑,我已经准备了一切。
7:43 - 7:48
I used a fake identity to control all of the warden's illicit money.
我用假身份控制了守卫的所有非法资金。
7:49 - 7:57
The next morning, the banks received the documents I sent and transferred all of Norton's secret funds into my new account.
第二天早上,银行收到我发送的文件,并将诺顿的所有秘密资金转移到我的新帐户中。
7:58 - 8:07
At the same time, newspapers received a thick package of evidence exposing Norton's corruption, crimes, and murders.
与此同时,报纸收到了大量的证据,暴露了诺顿的腐败,罪行和谋杀。
8:07 - 8:13
When the police arrived at Shawshank, the warden chose to shoot himself.
当警察抵达沙申克时,警卫选择自杀。
8:13 - 8:23
Red continued living in prison for many more years, but he never forgot me. Later, he was finally granted parole.
红继续在监狱里生活多年,但他从未忘记我,后来,他终于被释放了。
8:24 - 8:33
After leaving prison, he felt strange and lonely, almost ready to give up, just like the old prisoner Brooks had before.
离开监狱后,他感到奇怪和孤独,几乎准备放弃,就像老囚犯布鲁克斯以前一样。
8:34 - 8:37
But he remembered what I had told him.
但他记得我对他说的话。
8:37 - 8:46
He followed the clues I left, went to a field in Maine, and found the iron box I had buried under a large oak tree.
他跟着我留下的线索,去梅纳州的一片田野,发现我在一棵大橡树下埋葬的铁盒子。
8:46 - 8:59
Inside was money and a letter from me. The letter read, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and good things never die.
里面有钱和一封信,信中写着:希望是一件好事,也许是最好的事,好事永远不会死。
8:59 - 9:12
I invited him to come find me. Red followed the directions in the letter, traveled to Mexico, and arrived at the coastal town of Zewatanejo, by the Blue Sea, under the...
我邀请他来找我,红色跟随信中的指示,前往墨西哥,抵达西瓦塔内乔的海岸小镇,靠近蓝海,在墨西哥海岸。
9:12 - 9:23
bright sun on a quiet, wide beach, he finally saw me. At that moment, all loneliness, pain, and waiting vanished.
在一个安静的广阔的海滩上,他终于看见了我,那一刻,所有的孤独、痛苦和等待都消失了。
9:23 - 9:28
We looked at each other and smiled, walking toward each other.
我们凝视着彼此,微笑着,走向彼此。
9:28 - 9:32
Finally, we were both truly free.
最后,我们俩真的自由了。
9:33 - 9:36
That is the story of the Shawshank Redemption.
这就是 Shawshank 救赎的故事。
9:37 - 9:53
It shows us that the power of hope is incredibly strong, the value of friendship is irreplaceable, and that with persistence and effort, even the most impossible challenges can be overcome.
它表明,希望的力量是不可思议的,友谊的价值是不可替代的,只要有坚持和努力,即使是最不可能的挑战也能克服。
9:53 - 10:01
Thank you for listening, and remember, no matter how difficult life may be, never lose hope.
谢谢你倾听,记住,无论生活多么艰难,永远不要失去希望。
10:01 - 10:03
See you in the next story.
在下一个故事中见。