聽故事 | 學英語 | 只要你始終努力,就一定會成功 | 英文故事 | 英語聽力練習 #learnenglishthroughstory #englishspeakingpractice

Learn English Daily Stories

Speed:
Current subtitle

Sentence navigator

Progress

1 / 108
0:00 - 0:06
This is a true story about dreams, perseverance, and fatherly love.
这是一个关于梦想,坚持和父亲的爱的真实故事。
0:07 - 0:13
The protagonist, Chris Gardner, went through the toughest trials of his life.
主角,克里斯·加德纳,经历了他一生中最艰难的考验。
0:13 - 0:21
Business failure, his wife leaving, homelessness, and raising his young son alone.
生意失败,妻子离开,无家可归,独自抚养他的小儿子。
0:21 - 0:25
Despite all the hardships, he never gave up hope.
尽管经历了艰难,但他从未放弃希望。
0:26 - 0:29
Now, let's step into his story.
现在,让我们走进他的故事。
0:30 - 0:36
Feel his life and struggles, and witness his ultimate success and happiness.
感受他的生活和斗争,见证他的最终成功和幸福。
0:37 - 0:40
Hello, my name is Chris Gardner.
你好,我的名字叫克里斯·加德纳。
0:41 - 0:47
Like many others, I had dreams when I was young, and a warm family.
和许多人一样,我年轻时有梦想,有温暖的家庭。
0:47 - 0:59
I wanted to give my family a better life, so I decided to start a business selling medical equipment, a machine that could measure bone density.
我想给我的家人一个更好的生活,所以我决定开始销售医疗设备的生意,这是一种可以测量骨密度的机器。
0:59 - 1:05
I invested almost all my savings to buy many of these machines.
我花了几乎所有的积蓄来购买许多这些机器。
1:06 - 1:13
At first, I was very confident, thinking it would change our lives.
起初,我非常自信,认为这会改变我们的生活。
1:14 - 1:21
So every day, I carried the machine from one hospital to another, hoping to sell at least one.
所以我每天都把机器从一所医院运到另一所医院,希望能卖出至少一台。
1:22 - 1:26
But reality wasn't as good as I imagined.
但现实并不像我想象的那样好。
1:26 - 1:32
Almost no one wanted to buy the machine, and business was very...
几乎没有人想买这台机器,而且业务非常...
1:32 - 1:32
bad.
坏的
1:33 - 1:38
Our family's financial situation worsened and the pressure increased.
我们家庭的财务状况恶化了,压力增加了。
1:39 - 1:44
My wife, Linda, had to work two jobs to cover the family's expenses.
我的妻子琳达不得不工作两份工作来支付家庭的费用。
1:45 - 1:51
Every day, we were exhausted and the arguments became more frequent.
每一天,我们都累了,争论变得越来越频繁。
1:51 - 2:00
One day, I was standing in front of a building when I saw a man in a suit driving a sports car.
有一天,我站在一座建筑物前面,看到一名穿着服装的男子开着一辆运动车。
2:00 - 2:03
I asked him, what is your job?
我问他,你的工作是什么?
2:04 - 2:06
He said, I'm a stockbroker.
他说,我是股东。
2:07 - 2:09
My heart lit up.
我的心发光了。
2:09 - 2:11
I could try that too.
我也可以尝试这个。
2:11 - 2:23
That day, I mustered my courage and walked into the brokerage firm, wearing my only decent clothes and holding a bone density scanner.
那天,我积累了勇气,走进经纪公司,穿着我唯一合适的衣服,拿着骨密度扫描仪。
2:24 - 2:40
After getting the internship application form from HR, I rushed downstairs because I realized the scanner had been taken by a homeless girl I'd entrusted it to.
在从HR获得实习申请表后,我急忙下楼,因为我意识到扫描仪是由一个我委托的无家可归的女孩拿走的。
2:40 - 2:47
I chased her all the way to the subway station, but I was too late.
我一直追她到地铁站,但我太迟了。
2:47 - 2:48
The machine was gone.
机器已经走了。
2:49 - 2:58
Fortunately, when I later returned to submit my application, I unexpectedly found it again.
幸运的是,当我后来回来提交我的申请时,我突然发现了它。
2:58 - 3:03
A month later, I waited patiently downstairs at the home.
一个月后,我耐心地在楼上等待。
3:03 - 3:04
A month later, I waited patiently downstairs at the home.
一个月后,我耐心地在楼上等待。
3:04 - 3:08
the brokerage firm for the HR manager to appear.
经纪公司为HR经理出现。
3:09 - 3:15
Finally, he showed up, but just as he was calling a taxi to leave.
最后,他出现了,但正当他叫出租车离开时。
3:16 - 3:22
I mustered my courage and ran up, saying, I'm going the same way.
我收集了勇气,跑了起来,说,我正在走同样的路。
3:22 - 3:24
Can I share this taxi with you?
我可以和你分享这辆出租车吗?
3:25 - 3:30
He glanced at me, hesitated slightly, and finally nodded.
他看着我,稍微犹豫了一下,最后点了点头。
3:30 - 3:35
In the taxi, he was playing with a Rubik's Cube.
在出租车里,他正在玩鲁比克立方体。
3:35 - 3:40
I asked to try it and solved it before he got off.
我要求他试试,然后在他离开之前解决了它。
3:40 - 3:45
He stared at me, surprised, and said, good job.
他看着我,惊讶地说,好工作。
3:46 - 3:54
After he got off, I realized I didn't have enough money for the fare, so I had to run away.
在他离开后,我意识到我没有足够的钱来吃饭,所以我不得不逃跑。
3:55 - 3:59
During the escape, I lost the scanner again.
在逃跑中,我又失去了扫描仪。
3:59 - 4:05
When I got home, I found that my wife had left with our son.
当我回家时,我发现我的妻子已经离开了我们的儿子。
4:05 - 4:07
The house was empty.
房子是空的。
4:07 - 4:09
Only I was left.
只有我留下来。
4:09 - 4:14
At that moment, I felt lonelier and more helpless than ever.
那一刻,我感到比以往任何时候都更加孤独和无助。
4:15 - 4:17
Just then, the phone rang.
就在那时,电话响了。
4:18 - 4:22
It was an interview notice for the day after tomorrow.
这是第二天的采访通知。
4:23 - 4:27
A glimmer of hope was rekindled in my heart.
一个希望的闪光在我的心中重燃了。
4:27 - 4:36
I rushed to the kindergarten and brought my son back with me. The day before the interview, the landlord went along.
我急忙去幼儿园,带着儿子回来,面试前一天,房东跟着走了。
4:36 - 4:36
One was fired at the last night.
一个在昨晚被解雇了。
4:36 - 4:36
The morning you took the plane and followed me.
那天早上,你搭飞机跟着我。
4:36 - 4:38
came to demand rent.
来问问清。
4:38 - 4:42
I begged him to give me a few more days.
我恳求他再给我几天时间。
4:43 - 4:55
He looked at me silently, sighed, and finally agreed to give me one more week on the condition that I help him paint the walls.
他静静地看着我,喘口气,最后同意给我另一个星期,条件是我帮他画墙壁。
4:56 - 5:04
However, because of unpaid fines, I was detained by the police for one night.
然而,由于未支付的罚款,我被警方拘留了一夜。
5:04 - 5:13
The next day, covered in paint and with messy clothes, I still rushed to the interview.
第二天,被油漆覆盖,穿着混乱的衣服,我仍然匆忙去面试。
5:13 - 5:22
The interviewers doubted my capabilities, but I responded with honesty and humor, which won them over.
面试人员怀疑我的能力,但我以诚实和幽默来回应,这赢得了他们。
5:22 - 5:26
I was granted an internship at the brokerage firm.
我被授予在经纪公司实习。
5:27 - 5:32
This internship was unpaid and highly competitive.
这个实习是无偿的,非常有竞争力。
5:32 - 5:40
Out of 20 interns, only one would eventually secure a full -time position.
在20名实习生中,只有一个最终获得了全职职位。
5:40 - 5:47
Every day, I had to call clients, record data, and prepare reports.
每天,我不得不打电话给客户,记录数据,准备报告。
5:48 - 5:56
While making calls, I constantly calculated my time, hoping to get more done within the limited hours.
当我打电话时,我不断计算我的时间,希望在有限的时间内完成更多工作。
5:57 - 6:08
Every time I made a call, I tried my best to remain professional and patient, but most clients were cold and repeatedly...
每次我打电话,我都尽我所能保持专业和耐心,但大多数客户都很冷和重复。
6:08 - 6:08
...
...
6:08 - 6:10
rejected my products.
拒绝了我的产品。
6:11 - 6:16
I was rejected over and over, and each time it was frustrating.
我一遍又一遍地被拒绝了,每次都令人沮丧。
6:17 - 6:22
But I told myself, keep going, the opportunity will come.
但我告诉自己,继续前进,机会会到来。
6:23 - 6:34
During lunch breaks, I would spend just a few minutes reviewing stock knowledge, taking notes and familiarizing myself with procedures.
在午餐休息期间,我只花了几分钟来审查库存知识,做笔记,并熟悉程序。
6:34 - 6:43
To save time, I tried not to drink water at work and never put down the phone while making calls.
为了节省时间,我试图在工作中不喝水,在打电话时从不放下手机。
6:44 - 6:48
To save money, we moved to a cheaper apartment.
为了省钱,我们搬到一个更便宜的公寓。
6:48 - 6:56
Later, I sold all the bone density scanners I had, thinking life would slowly get better.
后来,我卖掉了所有的骨密度扫描仪,认为生活会慢慢好转。
6:57 - 7:02
But unexpectedly, a tax notice completely disrupted my plans.
但是意外地,一份税收通知完全打乱了我的计划。
7:02 - 7:11
The money in my bank account was directly withdrawn, leaving only $21 .33.
我的银行账户中的钱被直接撤回,只剩下21美元33美元。
7:12 - 7:20
Because we couldn't pay the rent, the landlord threw mine and my son's belongings outside the door.
由于我们无法支付租金,房东把我的和我儿子的物品扔到门外。
7:20 - 7:27
From that day on, we no longer had a permanent place to live.
从那天起,我们不再有永久居住的地方。
7:27 - 7:36
Sometimes we stayed in shelters, and other times we had to sleep in public restrooms at subway stations.
有时我们住在避难所里,有时我们不得不睡在地铁站的公共厕所里。
7:37 - 7:40
I remember once holding my buses.
我记得我曾经坐过公交车。
7:40 - 7:40
I remember once holding my bus.
我记得有一次,我坐了公交车。
7:40 - 7:57
son while sleeping in a cold subway restroom, listening to the rumbling trains and watching his sleeping face, I silently told myself, no matter how hard it gets, I have to keep going.
儿子睡在寒冷的地铁厕所里,听着火车的声,看着他睡着的脸,我悄悄地对自己说,不管有多难,我必须继续前进。
7:58 - 8:02
Life in the shelter was not easy either.
避难所的生活也不容易。
8:02 - 8:07
Every evening I had to take my son to line up for a bed.
每天晚上,我不得不带儿子去排队找床。
8:08 - 8:16
Beds were limited, and if we were late, we had no choice but to sleep on the floor or outdoors.
床位有限,如果我们迟到了,我们别无选择,只能睡在地板上或户外。
8:17 - 8:26
At night, my son and I squeezed on to a tiny bed, trying to make him comfortable while he slept.
晚上,我的儿子和我挤在一张小床上,试图让他睡觉时舒适。
8:26 - 8:30
I would tell him stories and lull him to sleep.
我会告诉他故事,让他睡觉。
8:30 - 8:36
Even in our hardship, I tried to stay optimistic in front of him.
即使在我们的困难中,我也试图在他面前保持乐观。
8:36 - 8:42
When he said, I have a good dad, it gave me endless motivation.
當他說,我有一個好爸爸時,它給了我無限的動機。
8:43 - 8:56
To survive, I even sold blood at the hospital to buy parts, repair broken scanners, and resell them to ease our immediate financial pressure.
为了生存,我甚至在医院出售血液,购买零部件,修理破碎的扫描仪,并再出售它们以缓解我们即时的财务压力。
8:57 - 9:08
That day, I sat in the hospital hallway holding my son, and he gently held my hand and said, Dad, we will be okay.
那天,我坐在医院走廊里抱着我的儿子,他轻轻地握住我的手,说,爸爸,我们会没事的。
9:09 - 9:12
Looking into his small eyes, tears were
看着他的小眼睛,眼泪是
9:12 - 9:14
nearly fell.
几乎掉下来。
9:14 - 9:18
I knew I had to try even harder.
我知道我必须更加努力。
9:18 - 9:29
The six months of internship finally came to an end, and my tenths yet hard -working efforts had not been in vain.
六个月的实习终于结束了,我的第十次努力并非徒劳。
9:30 - 9:39
In the final assessment, I stood out from twenty interns and became the only one to be hired.
在最后的评估中,我从二十名实习生中脱颖而出,成为唯一被聘用的。
9:39 - 9:50
When my supervisor told me the news, I could no longer hold back my excitement, and tears welled up in my highs.
当我的上司告诉我这个消息时,我再也无法抑制我的兴奋,眼泪在我的高潮中涌出。
9:50 - 10:02
I walked out of the office building, blending into the crowd, feeling an immense sense of relief and joy, and couldn't help but applaud myself.
我走出辦公室大樓,融入人群中,感覺到巨大的緩和和和喜悅,我不能不鼓掌自己。
10:03 - 10:09
I immediately ran to the daycare and held my son tightly in my arms.
我立刻跑到幼儿园,紧紧握着儿子在怀里。
10:10 - 10:14
I knew that we had finally found true happiness.
我知道我们终于找到了真正的幸福。
10:15 - 10:22
At that moment, I realized that all the hardships and efforts had been worth it.
那一刻,我意识到所有的努力和努力都值得。
10:23 - 10:29
Afterward, I walked hand -in -hand with my son along the seaside.
之后,我与儿子一起走在海边。
10:29 - 10:35
Sunlight shimmered on the sea, and a gentle breeze brushed our faces.
阳光闪烁在海上,一阵温柔的风吹在我们的脸上。
10:36 - 10:41
I felt an unprecedented sense of peace and contentment.
我感受到了前所未有的和平与满足感。
10:42 - 10:52
Life had been so hard, but at that moment, I truly felt that happiness had finally come knocking on our door.
生活很艰难,但那一刻,我真的感觉到幸福终于敲了我们的门。
10:52 - 10:58
Later, I truly became a stockbroker and founded my own company.
后来,我真正成为了一名股票经纪人,并创办了自己的公司。
10:59 - 11:02
All the hardships were rewarded.
所有的苦难都得到回报。
11:02 - 11:08
Life tells me, as long as you don't give up, happiness will surely come.
人生告诉我,只要你不放弃,幸福一定会来。
11:08 - 11:08
Life tells me, as long as you don't give up, happiness will surely come.
人生告诉我,只要你不放弃,幸福一定会来。
11:08 - 11:09
Life tells me, as long as you don't give up, happiness will surely come.
人生告诉我,只要你不放弃,幸福一定会来。
11:09 - 11:09
Life tells me, as long as you don't give up, happiness will surely come.
人生告诉我,只要你不放弃,幸福一定会来。
11:09 - 11:09
Life tells me, as long as you don't give up, happiness will surely come.
人生告诉我,只要你不放弃,幸福一定会来。